‘My Infrax’: SAP Process Orchestration and BRF+ ensure smooth integration
Revolutionary digital services portal – a first for utilities
Distribution network company Infrax operates, maintains and develops all public pipe utilities (gas, electricity, cable television and/or sewerage) for over 120 Flemish municipalities - or around 22% of Flemish households. Every Infrax client enjoys exceptional customer services, as the grid operator puts customer satisfaction high on its agenda. In line with its customer focus, Infrax launched a revolutionary digital services portal, ‘My Infrax’, in 2016, ensuring a level of customer service previously unknown in the world of utilities.
From a tedious procedure to an integrated end-to-end solution
“Our customers and employees are our biggest assets, so we do our utmost to put them first,” says the CEO of Infrax. Committed to raising customer satisfaction while enhancing in-house efficiency, Infrax scoured the market for an end-to-end solution that would allow people to apply for their electricity, gas, cable television or sewerage connection and plan the connection works online, via a dedicated platform. The digital portal had to be user-friendly for both the clients and the Infrax team.
The project was ambitious and implied close collaboration between different parties, all experts in their respective fields – from back end systems and integration to front end (website).
SAP Process Orchestration and Flexso: the ideal match
Flexso ensured a smooth communication between the different platforms, set up the integration architecture and implemented SAP’s BFR+ business rules management system.
- With SAP Process Orchestration, we created around 150 interfaces and 15 BPM Flows, resulting in the smooth integration of more than 10 different systems (website, SAP ECC/CRM, non-SAP-systems), which now work together seamlessly.
- To separate business logic from custom codes, we chose BRF+ business rules management system – a standard SAP application that allows the business to centrally manage rules and parameters. The tool helped us develop a series of business rules, which Infrax can now manage and maintain in-house.
The result? Apply for an electricity or gas connection in 20 minutes
In November 2016, after three years of programming and testing, Infrax launched ‘My Infrax’, its digital services platform – a genuine revolution in the utilities sector. The portal replaces the tedious, complex process that customers had to follow in the past to apply for an electricity, gas, cable television or sewerage connection. Today, clients communicate online with Infrax about their connection, grants and green power certificates. Within 20 minutes after their request, they receive a price offer and a customized action plan for the works to be done.
Infrax was the first European company to choose this type of one stop shop (OSS) – a Belgian pioneer that we can be proud of.
The back-end processes
From the moment the customer initiates a request for information, a series of processes start in the back end. Below is an overview:
- Registering a customer account: the data is stored in SAP CRM and AD (via Forefront Identity Management system).
- Applying for a connection or requesting changes to an existing connection: the address and the details of the grounds are captured from a GIS system (Smallworld) and the request is stored in the CRM application (as a Service Request).
- Requesting a price simulation: after receiving an initial proposal, the customer can make changes to their request or demand a final price quote.
- Requesting a price quote: the EngageOne system generates a customized price offer, as well as information leaflets, all in PDF format.
- Approving the price offer: all orders and technical objects are automatically generated in the SAP and GIS systems (an SD order, a CS order, installations in ISU, connection objects in Smallworld, ...).
- Planning the visit of the installer: the date and timing are fixed in SAP MRS; this is linked to the CS order.
- Installation execution: all the equipment needed is automatically ordered and delivered on site (SAP CS).
- Billing: managed and followed up via SAP PM.
- Communication technical team: planning, material details, etc. are available via a mobile app.
- Communication with customers: an extensive communications flow keeps clients informed about the different steps.
Facts & figures
- 2,400 applications after 2 weeks
- 12,200 customers created
- 4-year project (1 year functional and 3 years technical design)
- 130-strong team (internal and external)
- 150+ interfaces created in PO
- 15+ BPM flows
- 50 BRF+ mappings
- SAP Process Orchestration
- SAP Business Process Management
- SAP BRF+
- SAP CS, SAP PM, SAP MRS, SAP ISU, SAP CRM
Brussels Regional Public Service gears up for the future - with S/4HANA
Full landscape transformation to S/4HANA Enterprise ManagementRead the full article
A digital HR transformation for Beaulieu with SAP Analytics Cloud
Strategic HR with SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Analytics CloudRead the full article
We are happy to share our knowledge with you
Be the first to read how Flexso tackles real-life scenarios and make the most of our tips based on experience and practical cases.