Case study: Fully automated order-to-cash solution
From order to invoicing with Enterprise Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM)
As a result of the standardization and integration of existing SAP and non-SAP solutions, is it possible to get an overview of all your sales orders? Can you automate your value chain from quotation and ordering to invoicing, irrespective of the communication channel used? Absolutely!
When a customer places an order over your – B2B or B2C – website, he/she kicks off a process which involves many actors. To streamline this process, you allow all systems to communicate with each other, reduce the number of manual operations or ensure that all communication channels are used optimally.
Flexso for example designed for a customer an end-to-end solution to optimize the entire Order-to-Cash chain.
The website as a hub
Obviously, an online order starts on the website. That is why our consultants used the customer's website as a hub to automate all processes. The website was linked to several SAP components including SAP CRM, SAP ERP, SAP ISU and GIS backbone systems.
By deploying SAP Process Orchestration (SAP PO) as an Enterprise Service Bus and the Business Process Management (BPM) platform and SAP BRFplus as a Business Rules Engine, we were able to automate the order process and integrate it with the backend systems.
An extensive automation with numerous benefits for the company and the end customer
- A user-friendly website
- Full integration of the website with the underlying back-office systems such as SAP ERP, SAP CRM, GIS, etc.
- An automated process for quotations, order management, resource planning and service provision
- Invoicing linked to the whole process
- Easy payment tracking
- With the following result: extensive efficiency and cost savings
On the strength of its expertise as a full service provider, Flexso managed to integrate all systems, which led to extensive automation.
- A Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) was used for the integration with the website. The SOA was based on enhanced SAP Enterprise Services complemented by custom developed web services in the different back-office systems.
- For the automation of processes in the back-office systems, Flexso used SAP PO middleware, integrated with SAP BPM and SAP BRFplus (Business Rules Engine).
- SAP Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) helped us model the business processes. Afterwards, we used SAP PO to shape the business processes and ensure data exchange with the underlying systems.
- A clear strategy on organisation, change management, governance and methodology served as a guide for a successful SOA/BPM architecture.
Nous sommes heureux de partager nos connaissances avec vous.
Soyez parmi les premiers à découvrir comment Flexso met en œuvre vos scénarios métiers en se basant sur son expérience concrète et des cas pratiques.